Publishing details of the decision to form the Qatar Collegiate Sports Federation
With the decision issued by His Excellency the President of the Qatar Olympic Committee No. (476) for the year 2021 under the name of the Qatar Collegiate Sports Federation located in Doha, which is a Federation that works on the management of sports in higher education institutions with an independent legal personality for the purpose other than obtaining primarily the profit and exercising its legal powers according to this Statute.
The Vision: Higher education institutions with sport leadership in regional and global forums
The Mission: Enhancing sports activities for male and female students in higher education institutions from universities, colleges and institutes in the State of Qatar, enhancing sports competition between them, discovering and enhancing talented students in sports; to raise the level of university sports in the country locally, regionally and globally.
The Values: Participation, transparency, justice, excellence, competition.
The aim of the Federation is to advance sports in higher education institutions by working to develop its activities and events, in accordance with the best international standards and following them up in the field to achieve its objectives and vision, organizing, coordinating, and implementing sports projects, programs and activities among its members and working to propagate for them and enhance their technical level, by achieving the following objectives:
- Deepening awareness of the concept of sport and its positive effects on the health of the individual and society between students, as leaders for the future and the nation’s treasure of youth
- Spreading the spirit of sports culture in the community of higher education institutions as a tool for communication between them on the one hand and their peers from students of foreign higher educational institutions.
- Providing appropriate opportunities for students of higher education institutions to demonstrate their physical, social and cultural abilities and skills on national occasions, and international stages which express Qatar as a rising society in which youth receive the highest levels of care.
- Enhancing the responsibility of supporting cooperation between higher education institutions in the country in the sports, social and cultural fields, and organizing and supervising their joint activities and coordination between them.
- Promoting university sports and enhancing the level of performance in it through honorable competition between the affiliates of its institutions and the selection of distinguished elements to form teams to represent the State of Qatar in university sports competitions and to support national teams in various sports.
- Encouraging scientific research and conducting studies that contribute to the development of sports in higher education institutions and encouraging research, authorship and translation in its field.